Periscope initiated a review and update project of the NIGP Commodity/Services Code in February, 2015. To ensure proper advance notification to all license holders of the project and potential impacts, this third project announcement is being sent to all NIGP Commodity/Services Code license holders.
The project work was conducted by 52 active procurement professionals who analyzed all 9,138 active 5-digit commodity codes. Based upon their efforts to date:
- 3,081 enhancements for punctuation and description language have been applied
- 14 new 5-digits codes have already been added to the taxonomy, including such items as:
- Photo Identification Software
- Orthopedic Veterinary Devices
- Soap Making Materials and Supplies
- Disposable Shoes and Sandals
- Night Vision Devices
- Athletic Field Groomers and Equipment
- Effective January 1, 2016,
- 39 5-digit codes will be inactivated based on current public procurement practices and industry standards, and
- 202 codes will be inactivated and combined with other established codes within the taxonomy. A “note” will be provided that identifies the effective date of the change (January 1, 2016) along with the “new” appropriate code for future use and reference.
The actual inactivation and commodity code move activities are scheduled for completion during December 15 – 31, 2015. During this time, the ability for additional new codes or updates will be suspended and placed in a pending status until the week of January 4, 2016. To provide further information about downloading the new Code release along with the code impacts, the NIGP Code Release Notes are attached to this notice for reference and have been posted on the NIGP.com website.
Webinars will be conducted in January, 2016 to provide an overview of the project and impacts. The webinars will be identical. Please register for the time that best suits your schedule.
TUESDAY, January 12, 2016 at 12 Noon Eastern / 9:00 AM Pacific
Click Here to Register
WEDNESDAY, January 13 2016 at 4:00 PM Eastern /1:00 PM Pacific
Click Here to Register
Should your agency require assistance with analysis of the update impacts within your environment and Code application, Periscope consultants are available to support your needs. For technical assistance in the Code download process, to please contact NIGP Code Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-757-6064.
General inquiries on the NIGP Code Update Project can also be forwarded to either Deborah Hail, email@example.com or Jean Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NIGP Code – Release Notes
NIGP Code – Moves , January 1, 2016
NIGP Code Deactivations January 1, 2016